- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
119.5m Nigerians now using the internet — NCC
Internet users in Nigeria increased marginally to 119,506,430 million in April 2019, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has said.
The NCC made this known on Monday in its Monthly Internet Subscribers Data for April posted on its website.
The data showed that overall internet users increased to 119,506,430 in April from the 115,938,225 recorded in March, showing an increase of 3,568,205 new subscribers.
According to the data, Airtel, MTN and Globacom gained more internet subscribers during the month under review, while 9mobile was the big loser.
The breakdown revealed that MTN gained the most with 3,474,208 new internet users, increasing its subscription in April to 50,026.393 from 46,552,185 recorded in March
Globacom came second with 191,005 new internet users in April, increasing its subscription to 28,627,391 in April as against 28,436,386 in March.
The NCC data further showed that 9Mobile lost 201,050 internet users in April with 9,441,343 as against 9,642,393 recorded in March.
The data revealed that Visafone recorded 73,646 in April as against 64,076 in March.