- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Taylor Swift Settles Five Years Rift With Katy Perry In ‘You Need To Calm Down’ Video
Taylor and Katy’s grudge stared in 2014, when the former confirmed she wasn’t sure they were truly friends
Taylor Swift and Katy Perry have settled their feud after five years. This was also documented in the just released music video of ‘You Need To Calm Down’, which features appearances from a handful of celebrities.
The former rivals buried their feud in the music video by holding hands as they dance together and eventually shared a hug. The scenes sparked reactions from their fans on social media, a fan quizzed if the rumors were true that she and Katy share a passionate clinch for the track.
Katy responded, saying; “Guys. That is ABSOLUTELY false. To be an ally is to understand the difference between advocating and baiting. Anyone trying to twist this positivity into something it isn’t needs to calm down. It costs zero dollars to not step on our gowns.”
Taylor and Katy’s grudge stared in 2014, when the former confirmed it in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, stating that the feud between them inspired her hit song, Bad Blood.
“For years, I was never sure if we were friends or not,” she said back then. “She would come up to me at awards shows and say something and walk away, and I would think, ‘Are we friends, or did she just give me the harshest insult of my life?’ She did something so horrible. I was like, ‘Oh, we’re just straight-up enemies.’
“And it wasn’t even about a guy! It had to do with business. She basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour. She tried to hire a bunch of people out from under me. And I’m surprisingly non-confrontational – you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. It’s awkward, and I don’t like it.”
The star-studded music video of ‘You Need To Calm Down’ is off her forthcoming studio album, ‘Lover’, due for release on August 23. The flick was directed by the songstress herself and Drew Kirsch, while celebrities like Ciara, Ellen DeGeneres, RuPaul, Laverne Cox, Billy Porter, and others starred in the visuals.
Watch the video below;