- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Former health minister’s son kidnapped at gunpoint
Dayo Adewole, son of former Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, has been abducted by some unknown gunmen. Dayo was kidnapped Tuesday evening.
The military, the police, security agents and local hunters were already on the trail of the kidnappers as at press time.
Reports revealed that the former minister has been forced to cut short his trip abroad. The abductors were yet to contact the family on their motive and the condition of their victim.
According to a source, Dayo Adewole was waylaid at gunpoint on his farm in Iroko, near Fiditi in Afijio Local Government Area of Oyo State at about 6pm.
Although there were some staff with Dayo, the abductors went for him as a prime target.
It was gathered that the kidnappers later took Dayo away to an unknown destination.
Findings confirmed that the military, the police and security agencies have joined forces with the villagers to search for Dayo.
A top official of the Federal Ministry of Health said: ”We are in sad mood over the abduction. Dayo was a graduate of agriculture and he opted for farming.
”He has been managing his farm peacefully in Iroko until he was abducted by some gunmen on Tuesday.”