- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Empire actor Bryshere Gray, ‘Hakeem Lyon’ arrested
‘Empire’ actor Bryshere Gray, 25, who played the role of Hakeem Lyon in the hit TV series was recently arrested in the 3000 block of West Wabansia Avenue for a “registration issue,”
According to Chicago police, he was allegedly driving a Rolls-Royce without insurance or valid license plates. The temporary license plates were registered to a different vehicle and were past their expiration date.
During the stop, he also told officers he didn’t have insurance on the car and didn’t have his driver’s license with him. Gray was taken into custody and charged with a misdemeanor count of possession of a title or registration not authorized on a vehicle.
He was also issued tickets for driving an uninsured motor vehicle and failure to carry a driver’s license. He was released on his own recognizance and is due back in court July 18.
Gray was one of several “Empire” actors who signed a letter urging producers to bring his fellow actor Jussie Smollett back to the show in its final season. Smollett was written off the show after allegations that he faked an attack on himself in January.