- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Air Peace: Naira Marley escapes plane mishap
Naira Marley has revealed that he narrowly missed the Air Peace flight that overshot its runway while landing in Port Harcourt, Rivers State today.
The singer has been in Abuja for some days now performing round the Federal Capital Territory and he was billed to perform in Warri today but couldn’t make it down to the city due to ‘logistic’ reasons.
In his reaction to the plane mishap, Naira Marley posted on social media while reacting at the comment section of a post.
‘look, I would have been on this flight. God knows best, Warri no vex, see you soon’.
Earlier today, the aeroplane belonging to Air Peace overshot the runway during a stormy weather in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. The aircraft left Abuja for Port Harcourt on Saturday. It is raining and cloudy in the garden city.
All passengers on board have been safely evacuated. Mrs Henrietta Yakubu, General Manager, Corporate Affairs, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, confirmed the incident.
Yakubu said although the the Boeing 737-500 aircraft skidded off the runway, the pilot was able to stop the aircraft. She noted that in spite of the rain, the undercarriage of the aircraft did not sink into the soil.
“All passengers disembarked successfully. There was no casualty, “Yakubu said.