- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
AFCON 2019: CAF Picks Ighalo’s Goal Vs Burundi As Best Of Matchday-2
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has picked Odion Ighalo’s lone strike in Nigeria 1-0 win against Burundi as the best goal of matchday-two at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Ighalo who came in as a substitute for Paul Onuachu in the 73rd minute netted the decisive strike four minutes later.
The Shanghai Shenhua of China forward received an exquisite back-heeled pass from Ola Aina and and curled the ball home from inside the box.
“7 goals to choose from, but only one got our goal of the day accolade – @ighalojude of @NGSuperEagles,” reads a tweet on CAF’s official website.
Ighalo was top scorer in the AFCON 2019 qualifiers with seven goals, one more than Burundi striker Fiston Abdoul-Razak.
The former Watford star will look to earn his first start of the competition when the Super Eagles face the Syli Nationale of Guinea in their next game on Wednesday at the Alexandria Stadium.