- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
AFCON 2019: Super Eagles take control of Group B after Guinea hold Madagascar
Nigeria are top of Group B, after the first round of Group B fixtures were concluded on Saturday night.
The Super Eagles needed a 77th minute Odion Ighalo goal, to see off debutants Burundi in the first game.
In the second match, Guinea played out a thrilling 2-2 draw with Madagascar.
Sory Kaba had given the Syli Stars the lead before the new comers overturned the game with two goals in the second half.
Guinea needed a 66th-minute penalty converted by Francois Kamao, to avoid defeat in their opener.
With these results, Nigeria stay top with three points, while Madagascar and Guinea both have one point. Burundi are yet to get anything so far.