- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
AFCON 2019: Super Eagles take control of Group B after Guinea hold Madagascar
Nigeria are top of Group B, after the first round of Group B fixtures were concluded on Saturday night.
The Super Eagles needed a 77th minute Odion Ighalo goal, to see off debutants Burundi in the first game.
In the second match, Guinea played out a thrilling 2-2 draw with Madagascar.
Sory Kaba had given the Syli Stars the lead before the new comers overturned the game with two goals in the second half.
Guinea needed a 66th-minute penalty converted by Francois Kamao, to avoid defeat in their opener.
With these results, Nigeria stay top with three points, while Madagascar and Guinea both have one point. Burundi are yet to get anything so far.