- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Ighalo puts title ahead of golden boot after silencing critics
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, has said he wants to emulate compatriots Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, Julius Aghahowa, Austin Okocha and Emmanuel Emenike, by emerging the top scorer of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Ighalo is currently on three goals along with Sadio Mané, Cédric Bakambu and Adam Ounas, in the race to finish top scorer.
However, the Shanghai Shenhua frontman insists that the team comes ahead of personal success.
“It will be nice but first I’ll put the team ahead because if I don’t win the Golden Boot and we win the trophy I’ll be very happy because we are here to do that,the team success is my first priority,he said.
“I am a striker, I want to score goals but if the goal does not come and we win the game, I’ll be more satisfied,” Ighalo told a press conference on Tuesday.