- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Ighalo puts title ahead of golden boot after silencing critics
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, has said he wants to emulate compatriots Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, Julius Aghahowa, Austin Okocha and Emmanuel Emenike, by emerging the top scorer of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Ighalo is currently on three goals along with Sadio Mané, Cédric Bakambu and Adam Ounas, in the race to finish top scorer.
However, the Shanghai Shenhua frontman insists that the team comes ahead of personal success.
“It will be nice but first I’ll put the team ahead because if I don’t win the Golden Boot and we win the trophy I’ll be very happy because we are here to do that,the team success is my first priority,he said.
“I am a striker, I want to score goals but if the goal does not come and we win the game, I’ll be more satisfied,” Ighalo told a press conference on Tuesday.