- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Ighalo puts title ahead of golden boot after silencing critics
Super Eagles striker, Odion Ighalo, has said he wants to emulate compatriots Segun Odegbami, Rashidi Yekini, Julius Aghahowa, Austin Okocha and Emmanuel Emenike, by emerging the top scorer of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Ighalo is currently on three goals along with Sadio Mané, Cédric Bakambu and Adam Ounas, in the race to finish top scorer.
However, the Shanghai Shenhua frontman insists that the team comes ahead of personal success.
“It will be nice but first I’ll put the team ahead because if I don’t win the Golden Boot and we win the trophy I’ll be very happy because we are here to do that,the team success is my first priority,he said.
“I am a striker, I want to score goals but if the goal does not come and we win the game, I’ll be more satisfied,” Ighalo told a press conference on Tuesday.