- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
AFCON 2019: Samuel Kalu resumes training, set to play against Guinea
Super Eagles forward, Samuel Kalu, has resumed training with the team, after collapsing in training last Friday, SportingLife reports.
Kalu was not fit to play against Burundi in the first Group B match, which Nigeria won 1-0 on Saturday.
However head coach Gernot Rohr has confirmed that the Bordeaux winger is back in training Sunday morning and could be ready to take part in Wednesday’s cracker against Guinea.
“Samuel Kalu has started training and I think he could be fit to play against Guinea on Wednesday.
“But we are still careful and we will prepare very well for the match,” Rohr said.
The Franco-German coach also disclosed that his team would watch the video clips of the Guineans ahead of the encounter in Alexandria.
“We are watching and analysing tonight (Sunday night) Guinea’s match against Madagascar. We will also analyse our match against Burundi going forward,” Rohr added.