- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Okorocha’s son in-law, Nwosu reacts as party withdraws suit against PDP, Ihedioha
Action Alliance, AA, Imo governorship candidate in the 2019 general elections, Uche Nwosu has reacted to his party’s withdrawal of election petition against the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Governor Emeka Ihedioha.
Onwuasoanya Jones, his spokesman, in a statement on Monday, said Nwosu, who is a son in-law to former Governor Rochas Okorocha, was not bothered but determined to reclaim his mandate.
The statement said: “We wish to assure all supporters of good governance, advocates of justice and all believers in the Ugwumba Uche Nwosu mandate that there is absolutely no cause for alarm, as this judgement has in no way vitiated our credible contention that Ugwumba Uche Nwosu was the undisputed winner of that election, and we expect the learned justices to serve justice by declaring him the winner of that election.
“We are not unaware of the jubilation going on in the camp of the PDP, and the suspicious interest they have shown in this matter.
“While we sympathize with Imolites over the possible squandering of our commonwealth to procure individuals and accessories, that may help them perpetuate their illegal reign, we encourage all Imolites of goodwill to remain steadfast and firm, as the best news for Imolites is yet ahead.
“We are also delighted to inform Imolites that attempts by the PDP and Chief Ihedioha to prevail on the tribunal to strike off our matter was resisted by the learned justices.
“With this development, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu is still very much on course to retrieve his mandate from the thieving locusts.
“We commend all members of the Action Alliance in Imo State and all over Nigeria for their consistent support to, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu and we assure them of our unwavering commitment to the reclaiming our freely given mandate and deploying this mandate towards serving the best interest of the highest number of the people.”