- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
NCAA investigates helicopter’s landing on Benin-Ore Highway
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) says it has begun a full-scale investigation to ascertain the viral video of the helicopter that landed on the Benin-Ore Expressway on Sunday.
The General Manager, Public Affairs, NCAA, Mr Sam Adurogboye, confirmed the development in a statement issued in Lagos on Tuesday.
A video had gone viral on social media of a high profile individual who was picked up by a helicopter, after being stuck in traffic for hours.
Adurogboye said that initial reports indicated that the helicopter was owned by Tropical Arctic Logistics Ltd, with registration number 5N – BVQ while the aircraft type was AW139.
“The pilot was compelled to land between Benin and Ore in an unscheduled diversion to pick up someone.
“NCAA has begun a full-scale investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the unscheduled diversion.
“As soon as the investigation is concluded, the outcome will be made public,” he said.