- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
NCAA investigates helicopter’s landing on Benin-Ore Highway
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) says it has begun a full-scale investigation to ascertain the viral video of the helicopter that landed on the Benin-Ore Expressway on Sunday.
The General Manager, Public Affairs, NCAA, Mr Sam Adurogboye, confirmed the development in a statement issued in Lagos on Tuesday.
A video had gone viral on social media of a high profile individual who was picked up by a helicopter, after being stuck in traffic for hours.
Adurogboye said that initial reports indicated that the helicopter was owned by Tropical Arctic Logistics Ltd, with registration number 5N – BVQ while the aircraft type was AW139.
“The pilot was compelled to land between Benin and Ore in an unscheduled diversion to pick up someone.
“NCAA has begun a full-scale investigation to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the unscheduled diversion.
“As soon as the investigation is concluded, the outcome will be made public,” he said.