- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
December 31 deadline stands — TRCN tells unqualified teachers
The Registrar of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Professor Segun Ajiboye, on Wednesday declared that the council was not backing down on the December 31, 2019 deadline to flush out unqualified teachers from Nigerian classrooms.
Ajiboye made this disclosure while speaking with journalists in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Ajiboye insisted that the National Council of Education has set the deadline for all teachers in Nigerian classrooms to get registered, qualified and licensed by the TRCN.
Ajiboye, while speaking on the importance of the registration, maintained that, Nigeria needed quality teachers to deliver quality education and not those he called ‘cheaters’.
He hinted that the ultimate goal was to remove quackery from the teaching profession in order to ensure that only those with required competencies give Nigerian children quality education.
He urged those yet to be registered to take the opportunity of the qualifying tests and get registered by the council before the deadline.