- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
December 31 deadline stands — TRCN tells unqualified teachers
The Registrar of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), Professor Segun Ajiboye, on Wednesday declared that the council was not backing down on the December 31, 2019 deadline to flush out unqualified teachers from Nigerian classrooms.
Ajiboye made this disclosure while speaking with journalists in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Ajiboye insisted that the National Council of Education has set the deadline for all teachers in Nigerian classrooms to get registered, qualified and licensed by the TRCN.
Ajiboye, while speaking on the importance of the registration, maintained that, Nigeria needed quality teachers to deliver quality education and not those he called ‘cheaters’.
He hinted that the ultimate goal was to remove quackery from the teaching profession in order to ensure that only those with required competencies give Nigerian children quality education.
He urged those yet to be registered to take the opportunity of the qualifying tests and get registered by the council before the deadline.