- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
- Breaking: Supreme Court strikes out suit against Wike’s eligibility
- Breaking: Obasanjo raises alarm in another open letter to Buhari [Full text]
- BREAKING: Gunmen kidnapped former Super Eagles coach’s mother in Bayelsa
- Breaking: Samson Siasia’s mother kidnapped in Bayelsa
- Just in: Kidnappers kill Sen Abbo’s uncle, abduct stepmother
JAMB withdraws UTME results of four candidates
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has withdrawn the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) results of four candidates.
The candidates include: Adah Eche with Registration Number 97512230IB, Taiwo Abisola Omowumi with Registration Number 97049254GG, Vincent Onyinyechi Prisca with Registration Number 96531098BC and Sofodun Afolasade Zainab with Registration Number 96634599GA.
JAMB’s Head of Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin made this known in a statement yesterday in Abuja.
He said the candidates were involved in attempted fake JAMB result.
“The Board therefore withdraws and invalidates the results of the four candidates found to have been involved in the illicit attempt to fake JAMB result.
“No effort would be spared in identifying and sanctioning any candidate who attempts to falsify results of JAMB-organised examinations (UTME and others) and whoever collaborates or patronises such candidates would also face similar consequence,” the statement said.
Eche was apprehended on Monday by the board for being in possession of a fake UTME result.
He had attempted to upgrade his original UTME score of 153 to 290 with the help of a professional examination fraudster.
According to JAMB, apart from being in possession of a fake UTME result, he was also working with the above- named candidates to have their scores inflated as well.
Meanwhile, the board said it had released the results of 3, 736 who have been cleared of any infraction.