- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
Man who cut off finger of AEDC official jailed
A Mararaba Upper Area Court in Nasarawa State, on Thursday, sentenced a 24-year-old man, Abubakar Gambo to 11 months in prison for cutting off the finger of an official of the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company(AEDC) with a cutlass.
The Judge, Ibrahim Shekarau, sentenced Gambo, who resides in Mararaba after he pleaded guilty to assault, the criminal force causing hurt.
Shekarau, however, gave the convict an option to pay a fine of N10,000.
Earlier, the Prosecution Counsel, Sgt. Godwin Ejeh, told the court that the victim, Ahmed Tijani, a staff of AEDC reported the matter at the Sani Abacha Road Police Station, Mararaba, Nasarawa State, on June 11.
Ejeh said the complainant alleged that, while discharging his official duty of disconnecting light, the convict confronted him and in the process cut off his finger with a cutlass.
The prosecutor also said that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 265, 263 and 246 of the Penal Code.