- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Transfer: Solskjaer tells Man United board to sign Ivan Rakitic as Pogba’s replacement
Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has told the Red Devils board to sign €50 million Barcelona star, Ivan Rakitic, as Paul Pogba’s replacement at Old Trafford.
According to Spain newspaper, Sport, Solskjaer, is keen on improving his options in central midfield in this summer’s transfer window after Pogba had revealed his intention to leave Man United for Juventus ahead of next season.
It was reported that Pogba is set to leave Man United in this summer’s transfer window after he told reporters in Tokyo, Japan some few days ago that he wants “a new challenge”.
The report claimed that Man United hierarchy made a new bid of €35million to Barcelona for the Croatian international following Solskjaer’s request but the La Liga champions want €50million for the player.
Rakitic’s current deal at Barca will expire in June 2021.
The 31-year-old has already been told by the La Liga champions that they will not improve his current deal.
Rakitic was also wanted by Inter Milan, but the Serie A club have lowered their interest since the arrival of Antonio Conte.