- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
Chelsea Confirm Higuain Return To Juventus
Chelsea have confirmed that Gonzalo Higuain has left the club, with the Europa League winners choosing not to extend his loan from Juventus or make it a permanent deal.
Higuain spent the second half of 2018/2019 at Stamford Bridge scoring only five goals in 14 Premier League appearances.
Chelsea had the option to pay €18million to extend the 31-year-old’s loan for another 12 months, while the Blues could have also purchased the forward from Juve for €36m.
But the Blues, in a statement on the club’s official website, said: “Gonzalo Higuain joined Chelsea on loan from Juventus in January. He was reunited with Maurizio Sarri after their successful time together at Napoli.
“Higuain made his Blues bow in an FA Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday, and opened his account with two superbly-taken goals the following weekend against struggling Huddersfield.
“He netted three more times before the expiry of his loan, all sharp finishes that highlighted his natural ability in front of goal. Fulham, Burnley and Watford were his victims, and he more than played his part in our eventual third-placed Premier League finish.
“With Olivier Giroud leading the line in the Europa League, Higuain’s involvement was largely limited to domestic competitions, but he leaves having added another winners’ medal to his extensive collection after victory in Baku.”