- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Naira Marley reacts after Popular Dancer Kaffy condemns his ‘Soapy’ dance
Popular Nigerian Dancer, Kaffy The Dance Queen, has condemned Naira Marley’s latest dance style, and trust the singer to respond to her criticism.
The dance style, tagged, “Soapy Dance”, is a dance that mimics a man ‘masturbating’, and this has seen men act immorally in public, even to the extent of sexually harrassing women in the process of doing the dance.
Kaffy said the dance is a “disgusting immoral dance”, for adults and especially for kids. She said it “should never be encouraged.”
“This is a No . #myopinion As dancers we should also speak for what is right we shouldn’t encourage this for the sake of trend. Esp when it’s not even censored away from kids ,as an adult sef it’s offensive. #rubbish.”
Dancer, Don Flexx also joined in condemning the dance.
But a number of people criticized Kaffy and her supporters. They told her the ”One Corner” dance from Ghana was a hit and no one condemned it yet she’s trying to condemn something a Nigerian came up with.
Naira Marley reacted by dropping several smiling emojis on a comment left by an IG user who said, “sorry is too late, soapy has taken over”.