- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Senator Elisha Abbo breaks silence on alleged assault inside Abuja sex toy shop
Senator Elisha Abbo (Adamawa North District) has admitted that he is the man in a video that has gone viral, physically assaulting a woman in a sex toy shop in Abuja.
However, Abbo, speaking with Journalists, claimed the video was distorted.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) lawmaker, who is the youngest Senator in the ninth National Assembly, was seen in a 10-minute video footage repeatedly slapping a woman after she pleaded with him not to physically assault the shop owner whom the senator had accused of calling him a drunk.
The assault reportedly happened on May 11, 2019, nearly three months after he became Senator-elect.
Abbo, however, insists he was not a Senator at the time of the incident and suggested that the footage was doctored.
“There is a video of me on social media. Let me state very clearly that when it happened, I was not a senator. It happened a long time ago.
“There is an aspect of that video that they took off. They didn’t show where my sister who accompanied me there collapsed and had to be rushed out in an ambulance. But we will provide our own response soon,” Abbo said.