- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Buhari congratulates Oyetola on Supreme Court victory
President Muhammadu Buhari has warmly congratulated Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun State on the Supreme Court ruling Friday which affirmed his victory in the State Governorship election of September 2018.
A statement issued in Abuja on Friday by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity), quoted the President as saying: “The decision of the apex court lays to rest the tussle over the governorship of Osun State and removes all encumbrances on the path of the governor from fully delivering dividends of democracy to the good people of the State.”
President Buhari commended the government and people of Osun in allowing the rule of law to run its entire course, urging them as well as security agencies to sustain the peace.
He called on the victorious governor and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to be magnanimous in victory and make concrete moves towards inclusive governance as may be necessary.
President Buhari also expressed the Federal Government’s continued willingness to partner with the State Government for the betterment of the people going forward.