- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
NAIRA MARLEY’S CONCERT CANCELLED AFTER GANG VIOLENCE ERUPTS- DETAILS
According to Irish Police, an investigation on a ruckus involving up to 20 men who tried to gatecrash a popular Dublin nightspot where Naira Marley was to perform after the Longitude festival on Saturday is being carried out.
Naira Marley who was scheduled to perform at the nightspot with a large number of DJs on the line-up had their expectations cut short after a terrible incident occurred at the venue.
Dublin live reported,
“A video seen by Dublin Live shows up to 30 young men running out of the premises in the early hours of Sunday morning, with revellers of the adjoining pub looking on in confusion. The scene remained closed off to the public this morning, and gardai have since confirmed that a number of weapons have been seized and a man in his 20s arrested in connection with the incident”, Dublin Live reported.
Weapons including hatchets, Knives and petrol bombs were found when the gang dispersed. Police believe the incident was connected with the Longitude Festival as a number of people who were at Longitude Festival in Marlay Park, Rathfarnham had gone to Lost Lane to continue socializing.
Gardaí further suspect the men who tried to rush the door of the venue had also been at the festival. Before the three-day Longitude festival began last Friday, the US Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs tweeted a security alert about the event aimed at US citizens in Ireland.
A security guard working at Lost Lane was injured and one man was arrested. However, gardaí believe significant violence was averted by the arrival of members of the force on the scene immediately as the trouble flared.
What are your thoughts on the unfortunate incident that stalled Naira Marley’s Performance? Kindly drop your opinion in the comment section below and don’t forget to share