- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
A witness called by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate at the last presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, stunned all on Tuesday when he said he was seeing for the first time the statement attributed to him, which he adopted as his own.
Bako Umar Katanga, who said he acted as Local Government Polling Agent for the PDP at the election, had, while being led in evidence by Mike Ozekhome (SAN), claimed that he deposed signed the statement before the court’s registry on March 18, 2019.
But, under cross-examination by lawyer to President Muhammadu Buhari, Femi Atoyebi (SAN), the witness said he was seeing the statement for the first time, a reaction that got everyone in court laughing.
After the conclusion of Katanga’s testimony, Ozekhome applied for an adjournment, a request the tribunal Chairman, Justice Mohammed Garba granted and adjourned till Thursday for further hearing in the petition.
The petitioners called 13 witnesses on Tuesday, raising the number of witnesses they have called between Monday and today to 19.