- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
- Presidential Election Petition Tribunal: Atiku’s witness admits paying N10,000 to soldiers during election
Pandemonium broke out on Tuesday in the lobby of the National Assembly after Shi’ite protesters shot at least four policemen attached to the complex.
The incident occurred around 2pm while plenary was ongoing.
A policeman, soaked in blood, was seen rushed into the lobby and to the National Assembly clinic.
Another civilian was also seen led to the clinic.
Four policemen attached to the National Assembly were gunned down by Shi’ites, it was gathered.
The Shi’ite group has been protesting the detention of their leader, El Zaky Zaky over the years.
According to an eye witnesses, members of the Islamic group began coming into the National Assembly premises in pieces before they gathered into a sizeable number.
The group eventually overpowered security men at the first gate but met with a resistance at the second where four policemen were shot by armed members of the group.
The windscreen of a Police pick up van were also smashed.