- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Man remanded for impersonating soldier
A Badagry Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Tuesday remanded one Shile Musa, after he pleaded guilty to stealing and parading himself as an army corporal at a Mammy Market in Badagry.
Musa, 30, whose address is not provided is facing a two-count charge of stealing and parading self as an army corporal.
According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) the Magistrate, Mr Patrick Adekomaiya remanded Musa in prison and adjourned the case until July 15 for review of the facts of the case and sentencing.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, ASP. Akpan Nkem told the court that Musa committed the offences on July 4 at about 7:45pm at a restaurant in a Mammy Market at Ibereko, Badagry.
The prosecutor said that the defendant stole a Tecno K7 phone worth N38,000, property of one Evelyn Augustine.
“He also paraded himself as a corporal in the Nigeria Army which he knew to be false.
“The offences contravene Sections 287 and 77 (B) of the Criminal Law of Lagos, 2015,” said the prosecutor.