- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Yahoo Yahoo: Court jails three in Ilorin
A Kwara State High Court, sitting in Ilorin, capital of the state, Wednesday convicted three persons for offences bordering on internet fraud.
The convicts, whose names are Apata Oluwakayode, Yusuf Rasheed and Muhammed Ademola, were prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ilorin zonal office.
They were convicted by presiding Justice Sikiru Oyinloye.
EFCC spokesman, Tony Orilade, said this in a statement in Abuja.
Orilade, however, stated that the convicts had pleaded guilty to the one-count charge preferred against them by the anti-graft Commission.
He said, “They had approached the EFCC for a plea bargain agreement, after realizing the weight of evidence gathered against them.
“Based on their guilty plea, Justice Oyinloye convicted them accordingly and sentenced them to six months in prison commencing from July 9, 2019.
“The Court further ordered them to forfeit items recovered from them including, an HP laptop, and mobile phones, among others.
“They were also ordered to take an undertaking to be of good behaviour and never to be involved in any form of fraud within and outside the shores of Nigeria.
“The convicts are currently serving their jail terms at the Madala Prison in Ilorin.”