- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Kwara guber: WAEC finally speaks on Gov. Abdulrazaq presenting ‘fake’ result
The West African Examination Council (WAEC), Thursday officially confirmed that Kwara State Governor, Alhaji Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq sat for its secondary school leaving examinations in 1976 at the Government College, Kaduna.
The council also confirmed he had sat for the examination using Razaq A R. as contained in the credentials he repeatedly submitted to the Independtn National Electoral Commission, INEC, when contesting for elections.
The confirmation was contained in the certified true copy of the results of the governor and other candidates of the same set that sat that the examination body forwarded to the election tribunal.
The document, which is the statement of result and numbered exhibit P3B was presented by Olorunsola Victor O. a senior examination officer with the Ilorin office of the regional examination body.
The witness, during cross-examination, also confirmed to the tribunal that at least 31 other candidates had their names abbreviated, putting to rest claims by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. that the WAEC did not allow abbreviations during that time.
Asked if it would a horrible lie for anyone to claim that Abdulrazaq did not write the examination, the witness said “yes”.
The CTC of the result was signed by Oshindehinde HSA,WAEC Deputy Registrar, school examinations department in behalf of Head of national office of the body, Olu I.Adenipekun.