- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Dwyane Wade gave a hilarious speech last night as after he was honored with the Best Moment Award at the 2019 ESPY Awards in Los Angeles. The former professional basketball player attended the event with his wife, Gabrielle Union.
Dwyane, along with Lindsey Vonn and Rob Gronkowski, was honored with the Best Moment award for their retirements from their respective sports.
During his acceptance speech, the former Miami Heat player complemented his wife in a funny way.
He said: “Before I start my speech, I want to say thank you to Drew Brees because of what you said to your wife onstage, my wife looked at me with a death stare…”
At this point, the camera panned to Gabrielle and smiled, nodded her head in agreement, and mouthed “it’s true.”
Wade continued: “…And said if I don’t say something up here the car ride home is gonna belong.
“With that being said, darling, you are amazing. You look incredible in this dress. I cannot wait ’til five years from now until I get the chance to marry you again. It’s gonna be a little lower budget than the first one, but it’s all good.”
He then went on to speak about his basketball legacy and how it gave him a voice to help others.
Gabrielle shared the video to Instagram with the caption: “Thanks to @drewbrees, the ride home for @dwyanewadewon’t be a long one after all.”
Watch the video below:
ET’s Lauren Zima also caught up with Wade, Von and Gronkowski backstage, where the Wade said “life is good” with Gabrielle.
He joked: “You see how I had to say that speech? Life is good right now.”
When asked if his and Union’s daughter would take after him and become an athlete, Wade said: “I think she’s gonna be whatever she wants to be.
“I am so excited about her life. Me and my wife being able to raise her. Her mother is incredible, she gets to watch her mother do some amazing things and be this amazing woman and I’m just adding to it.”