- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Shi’ites, police officers clash again at Federal Secretariat Abuja (See Photos)
There was chaos at the Federal Secretariat, Abuja on Thursday morning after members of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria also known as Shi’ites, clashed with officers of the Nigerian Police Force.
According to reports, the Shi’ite members were staging a protest, demanding the release of their leader, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky when some of their members and police officers in the Secretariat had an argument which degenerated into a fight.
The police officers fired gunshots and tear gas to disperse the protesters while about five Shi’ite members were apprehended by the security operatives.
This faceoff comes two days after some Shiite members invaded the National Assembly complex during which four policemen were injured and many cars destroyed in the complex.
See photos from today’s clash below.