- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
We are fighting powerful forces – EFCC Boss, Magu
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu has declared that the agency was fighting powerful forces in the country.
The EFCC boss, however, pointed out that the commission was determined to wage war against corruption to its logical conclusion.
Magu said that it has been difficult for the commission to repatriate stolen funds and assets in safe havens abroad.
The EFCC acting Chairman stated this at the 3rd African Anti-Corruption Day in Abuja by the EFCC.
He said, ”The forces we are against are powerful because they have a lot of stolen funds with them and enough resources to frustrate investigation and prosecution.
”But we are determined to lead the fight against corruption. To get these funds and assets back has become a problem.