- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Super Eagles’ Rating In AFCON 2019 Q-Final Win Against The Bafana Bafana of South Africa
After the South Africa’s Bafana Bafana suffered Africa Cup of Nations heartbreak where they slipped to a last-gasp defeat against Nigeria in the last eight on Wednesday night.
In a brilliant display where Nigeria’s Super Eagles booked their place in the semi-finals of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament with an 88th-minute goal by William Troost-Ekong.
Withinnigeria’s Sport Editor, Adejayan Oluwagbenga Gsong appraises the performance of Super Eagles players in their AFCON 2019 quarterfinal 2-1 win against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa at the Cairo International Stadium on Wednesday July 10, 2019.
DANIEL AKPEYI 6/10
Had little or nothing to do in the game. Looked more assured in goal and distributed the ball well. He was well covered by the defenders.
CHIDOZIE AWAZIEM 8/10
He was outstanding throughout the game, Had his best performance in the competition in the make-shift right-back position. Defended well and did his bit in attack.
KENNETH OMERUO 7/10
A fine performance from the centre-back who helped shut out the South Africans for long spell in the game.
WILLIAM TROOST-EKONG 7/10
Capped a solid performance with the winning goal late in the game.
JAMILU COLLINS 7/10
Started his first game in the competition and was solid all through.
WILFRED NDIDI 7/10
He was very impressive at the blocking role and in screening the defence but contributed little offensively.
OGHENEKARO ETEBO 7/10
The Stoke City man impressed Nigerians with a brilliant performance,he contributed immensely at the mid position,took great set pieces which could have set a pace, worked hard as usual and played a key role in shutting out the South Africans especially in the second half.
ALEX IWOBI 7/10
Against South Africa Iwobi played possibly his best match for the Super Eagles at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations. Was quite effective in.many of the team’s offensive play. Provided a great assist for the first goal netted by Chukwueze.
AHMED MUSA 6/10
Oppressed the South African defence with his pace, but poor in front of goals.
SAMUEL CHUKWUEZE 8/10
The man of the day,he tamed the South Africans defence, was 100% productive,Scored his first international goal for Nigeria in the game and was duly voted man of the match.
ODION IGHALO 5/10
Marked out of the game and looked ineffective all through.
MOSES SIMON 5/10
Took the place of Ahmed Musa and converted the corner kick that led Nigeria’s winning goal of the game.