- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Buhari vs Atiku: How I transmitted presidential election results to server – INEC official
An ad-hoc official of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Olufemi Ogunrinde, has said he transmitted results of the 2019 presidential election to a server of the Commission.
Ogunrinde made the disclosure while being cross-examined by Muiz Banire, counsel to the All Progressives Congress, APC, at the presidential election petition tribunal sitting in Abuja.
The witness informed the tribunal that the results were transmitted through the smart card readers.
“All I know is that the presiding officer brought the form EC8C and I put in the information on the smart card reader which I transmitted to the server,” he said.
On if he had seen the server, the INEC ad-hoc official said no, but was told about its existence by the Commission’s official.
The 2019 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate is challenging the authenticity of the last election which saw President Muhammadu Buhari emerging winner.