- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Buhari vs Atiku: How I transmitted presidential election results to server – INEC official
An ad-hoc official of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Olufemi Ogunrinde, has said he transmitted results of the 2019 presidential election to a server of the Commission.
Ogunrinde made the disclosure while being cross-examined by Muiz Banire, counsel to the All Progressives Congress, APC, at the presidential election petition tribunal sitting in Abuja.
The witness informed the tribunal that the results were transmitted through the smart card readers.
“All I know is that the presiding officer brought the form EC8C and I put in the information on the smart card reader which I transmitted to the server,” he said.
On if he had seen the server, the INEC ad-hoc official said no, but was told about its existence by the Commission’s official.
The 2019 Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate is challenging the authenticity of the last election which saw President Muhammadu Buhari emerging winner.