- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
‘Why punish someone for sin he committed 16 years ago?” Prelate Methodist reacts to rape allegations against Fatoyinbo (video)
The Prelate of the Methodist church in Nigeria, Eminence Samuel Uche, has said that there might be no truth in the rape allegations levelled against senior pastor of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, Biodun Fatoyinbo, by Busola Dakolo.
The prelated shared his opinion on the rape allegation in a recent interview with media personality, Prisca Chiemeka.
Some accusations are foolish. For me, from my way of analysing things, there is no truth in such a thing. You say somebody raped you were 26 years or so and after 16 years years you come and report. What is wrong. Maybe you demanded money or you wanted some payment and the person did not give you, then you decide to blackmail the person.
Why do you punish somebody for a sin committed 16 years ago. Our lord Jesus Christ says any sinner that believes is forgiven. He said repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. How do you go and tarnish the image of a man or woman who commited something from years ago. Is it relevant?
Watch a clip from the interview below;