- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
Nigerian singer Abolore Akande, popularly called ‘9ice’ says he sees no reason for anyone to forcefully have carnal knowledge of a lady or an underage.
The ‘Gbamu Gbamu’ singer in a recent interview with Goldmyne TV, said rapists and pedophiles should be sentenced to death in order to curb the act.
Speaking in Yoruba language, the 39-year-old added that if he sees a rapist, he’ll kill him and laid more curses on rapists while commenting on the recent cases of sexual assaults, pedophilia and rape in Nigeria.
“Death penalty should be instantly be given to rapists and pedophiles. Why would anyone forcibly have sex with females? In this civilized era? Females are in abundance,” he said.
“If I see a rapist I will kill him. it shall not be well with rapist, they won’t prosper.
“Even if you can’t woo them, there are sex workers in Ikeja would take as cheap as ₦;5000, ₦;10,000, ₦20,000. It’s true! What is wrong is wrong. Anyone who rapes should be lynched to death.
“Rape is a worse crime than robbery. The female victims may because of trauma, face mental health problems for the rest of their lives. Rapist should have be burnt to death on a stake with tyres.”
9ice comment is coming on the heels of the recent report of musician Timi Dakolo’s wife, Busola’s rape allegations against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) church, amongst others.