- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Chaos as suspected herdsmen kill farmer in Ogun community
Residents of Adao community in Alabata area of Odeda Local Government in Ogun s
state on Sunday, were thrown into confusion as one of their own was killed by suspected herdsmen.
The 49-year-old farmer, Rafiu Showemimo, was stabbed in the neck by suspected herdsmen on his way back home from the farm around 12 noon.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi could not be reached as of the time of filing this report .
The Olu of Alabata, Chief Sanusi Waheed, who oversees the affected Adao community, stressed the need for quick government’s intervention to stop the community youths from responding to the incident.
“The Fulanis have crossed their boundaries and we can’t condole them anymore.
“There is need for urgent intervention of the government in the Fulani/herdsmen problems in this community and country.
“We would do all within our powers in communicating our plight to the government,” Waheed said.
However, the community youths were seen standing at strategic points in their numbers and armed with local guns, cutlasses and charms.