- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Chaos as suspected herdsmen kill farmer in Ogun community
Residents of Adao community in Alabata area of Odeda Local Government in Ogun s
state on Sunday, were thrown into confusion as one of their own was killed by suspected herdsmen.
The 49-year-old farmer, Rafiu Showemimo, was stabbed in the neck by suspected herdsmen on his way back home from the farm around 12 noon.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi could not be reached as of the time of filing this report .
The Olu of Alabata, Chief Sanusi Waheed, who oversees the affected Adao community, stressed the need for quick government’s intervention to stop the community youths from responding to the incident.
“The Fulanis have crossed their boundaries and we can’t condole them anymore.
“There is need for urgent intervention of the government in the Fulani/herdsmen problems in this community and country.
“We would do all within our powers in communicating our plight to the government,” Waheed said.
However, the community youths were seen standing at strategic points in their numbers and armed with local guns, cutlasses and charms.