- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
Nigeria Police organise search for kidnappers of Siasia’s aged mother
Nigeria Police has began an organised search for kidnappers of Madam Ogere Siasia, mother of former Super Eagles coach, Samson Siasia and two other women in Bayelsa state.
Newsmen gathered from security operatives that the Samson Siasia’s mother and two other women were moved quickly from their residences by unknown gunmen at Odoni community Sagbama Local Government Area.
It was earlier reported in November 2015 that Madam Ogere was once a victim of abduction and spent about 13days with kidnappers in their hideouts while her son, Siasia was then in Gambia preparing the country’s team for the U-23 Africa qualifier for 2016 Rio Olympic.
Sadly four years later, unknown kidnappers returned to the community at about 2am, shot sporadically into the air and whisked the aged woman, whose family members said was undergoing treatment for hypertension.
According to Nation reports, Sources said the gunmen raided homes of two other families in the community and took two other women including a mother, whose son owns a local funeral service firm known in the area as “Do Nana”.
Dennis, the younger brother to coach Siasia confirmed the abduction lamenting that the marauders took away their mother without her hypertensive drugs and mobile handset.
He said: “The abductors have not contacted the family. We have reported to the Police. She was taken away without taking along her drugs. Even if they ask her for our numbers, she would not be able to help because she cannot recall mobile numbers. We are full of prayers and hoping she would be released soon”.
In a statement signed and released by the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Butswat Asinim, said they had launched manhunt to locate the whereabouts of the kidnappers and rescue their victims.
Butswat said: “On 15 July, 2019 at about 0200hours, unknown gunmen who were heavily armed came through the waterways of the River Nun and invaded the residence of one Mrs Beauty Siasia, ‘f’ 80 years in the riverine village of Odoni, Sagbama Local Government Area, Bayelsa State and whisked her away through the waterways to an unknown destination.
“The Commissioner of Police Bayelsa State command and the command’s Tactical Team has visited the scene of the crime. The command in collaboration with other security stakeholders have launched manhunt to apprehend the killers and rescue the victim. Investigation is ongoing”.
Residents have expressed concerns over resurgence of kidnapping in the state especially along the Agbere and Odoni axis of Sagbama.