- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Tricycle operator’s swift action leads to arrest of vile abductor in Abia
Luck smiled on the faces of security officials in Abia state as they have reportedly taken into custody a vile abductor who has been causing mayhem in Abia and other neighbouring states.
The vile abductor simply identified as Echendu is connected to numerous abductions that have taken place and a lead suspect behind the death of the famous businessman from Ekwulumili, Anambra state.
Journalists gathered that Echendu had gone to Umunka, Ala Ojiegbe; Asa Nnentu with his group to kidnap some school children.
He had succeeded in carrying out the act before the tricycle operator summoned courage and grabbed one of them that eventually became Echendu, a source revealed.
According to Nation reports, Sources said that the tricycle operator after grabbing him raised alarm which attracted passersby who came to his rescue.
The prompt arrival of soldiers at the venue scared away his group from reprisal and killing of the suspect.
The soldiers were said to have handed him over to the police whose duties is to prosecute the suspect.
Findings have it that Echendu who gave his name to security agents as Jonathan dresses like a woman to beat security checks having being on their wanted list.
“The kidnapping took place at Umunka, Ala Oji, Asa Nnetu area, Echendu and his group were the people who kidnapped and killed a well-known man from Ekwulumili, Anambra state, because he refused to give his ATM pin.
“He was the person that equally kidnapped a woman; Martha Ajuzie Ogu from Asa that has maternity in the area and collected huge ransom from her.
“He was the person behind the kidnapping of one Mrs. Peter Aniekwe. He has been the brain behind all the kidnapping incidents of non-indigenes in Asa North.
“This time, he went with his group to kidnap children going to school like his mentor; Osisiknakwu did about 2010.
“The tricycle man was very smart to have grabbed one of them who happen to be Echendu and raised alarm. The children had been kidnapped already, but the man summoned courage and held unto Echendu.
“People in the area came to his rescue before the security men came and picked up the guy. He has been the brain behind series of kidnappings in Umunka and adjourning communities. He gave his name as Jonathan at Ngwa High School,” a source disclosed.
When contacted on phone, Abia State Commissioner of Police, CP Eneh Okon confirmed that the suspect was in their custody.
Okon said that investigation into the matter was ongoing and that the finding would be made public as soon as they were through with investigation.