- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
Court remands man for allegedly ‘stabbing’ sex worker to death
A man, Bidemi Mojuba who allegedly stabbed a sex worker to death with knife has been remanded by a magistrates’ court sitting in Ebute Meta, Lagos on Tuesday, awaiting legal advice.
As the court awaits legal advice from the Office of the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP); Magistrate O.A Olagbende who ignored the pleas of the defendants ordered that Bidemi Mojuba be remanded in Ikoyi Prison.
The Prosecution Counsel, ASP Clara Olagbayi, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on July 1, about 11 p.m., at his residence at No. 55, Corporation Estate, Amuwo Odofin.
Olagbayi alleged that the defendant took some drugs on that day to enhance his sexual performance and went to a nearby hotel to pick up the deceased (sex worker) simply identified as Charity.
The prosecution counsel alleged that when they arrived home, the demised insisted that the defendant must pay her first.
She said that the defendant picked up a kitchen knife and stabbed Charity multiple times during the argument over payment.
The offence, she said, contravened the provisions of Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 which prescribes a death sentence for offenders.
The case file should be duplicated and forwarded to the DPP, she ordered the police.
Olagbende adjourned the case until Sept. 24 pending legal advice from DPP.