- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Magistrates’ court remands three young men for armed robbery
Three young men were remanded at Kirikiri Prison by an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court on Monday after being arraigned for alleged robbery.
These young men are namely; Abubakar Sani, 22; Yusuf Tajudeen, 21 and Salisu Kabiri, 20. They are currently under trial for conspiracy and robbery.
Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) advised the magistrates’ court to remand them and Chief Magistrate M.I. Dan-Oni ordered that they should be remanded at Kirikiri Prison and adjourned the case till August 8.
Prosecuting Inspector Victor Eruada said they committed the offence with other members of the robbery gang on June 9 at PPL bus stop, Ojo, Lagos.
He said the suspects armed themselves with cutlasses and kitchen knife, attacked Zuwaira Nasiru and robbed her of a Tecno phone worth N13,000 and an itel phone valued at N25,000.
Eruada said the defendants also robbed Sumaila Abu of a Samsung phone worth N12,000 and N10,000 cash.