- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Patient goes wild in hospital, commits suicide in Benin
Patient on admission commits suicide at University of Benin Teaching Hospital
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) was thrown into confusion over the weekend after a patient who was on admission at the Accident and Emergency ward, committed suicide.
According to eyewitnesses, the male patient was waiting to see a doctor when he suddenly became wild and stabbed himself to death with a broken louvre beside his bed.
“The man suddenly became wild and broke a louvre beside his window and stabbed himself to death. His wife was not around. She went out to buy something outside. There was blood everywhere. We were lucky not to have been injured” another patient in the ward said
Confirming the incident, Mr Joshua Uwaila, the spokesman for the hospital, said the unfortunate incident happened at about 10pm.
“An unfortunate incident happened on Saturday night 13th July, 2019 at about 10:30 pm when a young man who was a patient at the male medical ward of our hospital (diagnosis not disclosed for confidentiality sake), suddenly broke a louvre and stabbed himself. All efforts to resuscitate him proved abortive as he was certified dead at 11:00 pm” he said
Uwaila added that the remains of the deceased has been deposited in a morgue while an autopsy is expected to be carried out soon.