- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Patient goes wild in hospital, commits suicide in Benin
Patient on admission commits suicide at University of Benin Teaching Hospital
The University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) was thrown into confusion over the weekend after a patient who was on admission at the Accident and Emergency ward, committed suicide.
According to eyewitnesses, the male patient was waiting to see a doctor when he suddenly became wild and stabbed himself to death with a broken louvre beside his bed.
“The man suddenly became wild and broke a louvre beside his window and stabbed himself to death. His wife was not around. She went out to buy something outside. There was blood everywhere. We were lucky not to have been injured” another patient in the ward said
Confirming the incident, Mr Joshua Uwaila, the spokesman for the hospital, said the unfortunate incident happened at about 10pm.
“An unfortunate incident happened on Saturday night 13th July, 2019 at about 10:30 pm when a young man who was a patient at the male medical ward of our hospital (diagnosis not disclosed for confidentiality sake), suddenly broke a louvre and stabbed himself. All efforts to resuscitate him proved abortive as he was certified dead at 11:00 pm” he said
Uwaila added that the remains of the deceased has been deposited in a morgue while an autopsy is expected to be carried out soon.