- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Kidnapped Siasia’s Mother: Bayelsa Police Deploys Marine Officers To Search Odoni Waterways
The Bayelsa State Police Command says it has launched a full scale hunt for the kidnappers of coach Samson Siasia’s mother, by deploying Marine police to Odoni waterways in Sagbama Local Government Area of the state, to search for and rescue the kidnapped 79-year-old mother of the former Super Eagles coach.
Unknown gunmen had invaded Odoni community in the early hours of Monday July 15 and kidnapped Siasia’s mother and two others -Mrs Florence Douanana, 65, and Selekire Douanana, 17.
Bayelsa State Police Commissioner, Uche Anozia, said on Tuesday during his visit to Odoni community that the command was doing everything possible for the victims to regain freedom.
“This incident occurred on Monday at about 2:00 am. This is the river nun through which the captors came and kidnapped them.
“I was here yesterday (Monday) in company of the Bayelsa command’s Tactical Team and we are here today (Tuesday) again.
“The police are on top of the matter in order to rescue the victims. I am assuring the public and the relatives that no stone will be left unturned to ensure their rescue.
“We have deployed the marine component to the waterways in the area,” he stated.
On curbing kidnapping, the police commissioner said the command would continue to work hard to take control of the marine landscape in the state.
“You know Bayelsa is 80 percent water and that means that our operations are mainly focusing on waterways,” Anozie said.
Samson Siasia’s 93-year-old father, Mr Commander Siasia, commended the efforts of the police and appealed to them to redouble their efforts in order to rescue and bring back his kidnapped wife.
“My wife was taken away since yesterday (Monday) and up till now, I have not set my eyes on her. Please, help me to bring her back alive to me. Thank you for your efforts,” he said.
As at the time of filling this report, there has been no contact with the abductors.
In November 2015, Mrs. Siasia spent 13 days with kidnappers, who abducted her from her residence in Odoni community in Sagbama Local Council Area of Bayelsa State and released her after a ransom of alleged to be N600,000 was reportedly paid.
Siasia was then in Gambia preparing the Nigeria’s U-23 team, Olympic Eagles, for the African qualifiers ahead the 2016 Rio Olympics in Brazil at the time when his mother was whisked away by the kidnappers.