- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Police arrest suspects who kidnapped 19-year-old teen for nine days
Two suspected kidnappers who hid their victim in captivity for nine days have been arrested as announced by Lagos State Police Command
The suspects, Akorede and Alhaji Muhibudeen Akorede were captured by men of the command in Ibadan, Oyo state on July 4, 2019.
According to the Public Relation Officer of the Lagos State Police Command, DSP Bala Elkana told newsmen that operatives of the State Intelligence Bureau followed up on a petition referred to the command by the Force Headquarters in Abuja , with the investigation taking them to Ibadan.
The PRO of the force revealed in a statement on Wednesday, “ The operatives , with the support of the Technical Intelligence Unit, acted on credible intelligence and arrested two suspects in Ibadan namely : Thoa Akorede and Alhaji Muhibudeen Akorede.
“ The victim , one Matthew Isichei Chukwuebuka, 19 , was rescued . The victim had been in their custody for a period of nine days without being fed .
“In his statement, the victim stated that he was called on his mobile phone and abducted , adding that he did not know how he got to Ibadan , but on arrival , he was given something to eat from a black pot and he lost his senses and was ordered to surrender his phone”.
According to DSP Bala, Chukwuebuka ’ s phone was programmed by his abductors to reject incoming calls except from only the line that they were using to negotiate the ransom .
He added , “The victim said they collected all the money on him and were demanding more . He was taken to an ATM point , where the sum of N 10 , 000 was withdrawn from his account . The abductors demanded the sum of N 30 m ransom from Chukwuebuka ’ s family to be paid into his bank account.
“ The victim has since been reunited with his family . The suspects were charged to court and were remanded in prison custody .”