- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
‘Money Can Never Buy Respect’… Four Other Lessons From Wizkid And Jada’s Relationship Brouhaha
Below are some of the lessons to learn
Yesterday, news about music star Wizkid’s alleged domestic violence against his third baby mama, Jada Pollock, shocked many when it broke out.
Jade who is also the singer’s manager, shared the sad story on her instastories and announced she won’t be managing the ‘Ojuelegba’ crooner again.
According to Guardian Life, below are some of the lessons to learn from the duo’s relationship saga.
Love is not blind
As much we agree with you that no one is perfect, however, ensure your love sees clearly. Love should never be blind to situations that are threatening to your life or put others in danger. Love is never stupid, neither is love blind, love sees danger for what it is and flees.
Violence can never be covered for long
No matter how hard we try to cover up people’s wrong especially violence, it can only be for a short while. Violence is like smoke, some day, it will escape and when it does, everyone will have knowledge of what you have been trying to hide. Therefore, when you have any issue of violence in your relationships, whether platonic or not, speak out and walk away.
Money can never buy respect
No matter how rich you are, once you have no respect for the people in your life, your name will always be dragged in the mud. Before saying yes to that man or women, how respectful are they? Riches can never buy respect, respect is earned and a conscious effort must be made at showing it to the people in our lives. Love without respect will fade the same way it started.
Love fades away
From Wizkid and Jada’s story, if love is not adequately nurtured, it is bound to fade out. Every party who claims to be in love must learn to put efforts if the efforts in a relationship is one-sided, the love will likely fade out.
If you are prone to violence, discuss with your partner so you both can jointly put in efforts to help each other grow. If discussions on each other’s weakness are not taken seriously, the love will fade out and it has always been said that there is a thin line between love and hate.
Lastly, never hold on to hope in a violent relationship, learn to take a walk. Never wait till you get a flower on your last day on earth, rather, walk away from a toxic relationship so you can live to admire every other flower you will get on earth. When anyone threatens to hit you, that is a sign, walk away as fast as you can.