- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
The Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) has rejected the request by the National returning Officer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the last presidential election, Osita Chidoka to amend his written statement on oath.
Chidoka, who mounted the witness box a few minutes ago, as the petitioners’ fourth and star witness for the day, was asked by the petitioners’ lawyer, Chris Uche (SAN) to identify and adopt his written statement, as was the case with other earlier witnesses.
Unlike the case with other witnesses before him, Chidoka sought to amend some portions of his written deposition (statement on oath) before he will adopt as his statement in the case before the court.
While Chidoka went about identifying the part of his statement he wanted to amend, but which the court rejected on the grounds that, having signed as his, he could no longer amend.