- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
The Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) has rejected the request by the National returning Officer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as the last presidential election, Osita Chidoka to amend his written statement on oath.
Chidoka, who mounted the witness box a few minutes ago, as the petitioners’ fourth and star witness for the day, was asked by the petitioners’ lawyer, Chris Uche (SAN) to identify and adopt his written statement, as was the case with other earlier witnesses.
Unlike the case with other witnesses before him, Chidoka sought to amend some portions of his written deposition (statement on oath) before he will adopt as his statement in the case before the court.
While Chidoka went about identifying the part of his statement he wanted to amend, but which the court rejected on the grounds that, having signed as his, he could no longer amend.