- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
Buhari vs Atiku: PDP tenders 1,353 result sheets at presidential tribunal
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Friday tendered a total of 1,353 result sheets at the ongoing presidential election petitions tribunal sitting in Abuja.
Counsel to PDP and its 2019 presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, Chris Uche told the tribunal that the result sheets comprised of EC8As and EC8Bs from 11 states.
EC8A is the final result for a polling unit while EC8B is the final result at the ward level.
Uche told the tribunal that the EC8As are 1,266 and the EC8Bs are 87 in number.
“We have EC8As and Bs. The EC8As are 1,266 and the EC8Bs are 87 in number.
“We have 38 receipts as payments for the documents,” he said.
But counsel to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Yunus Usman objected to admission of the documents as evidence.
He contended that the reason for objecting to the admission of the result sheets would be contained in their final written address.
“We object to the admissibility of these documents. [Reasons] will be in our final address,” he said.
Lateef Fagbemi, counsel of the All Progressives Congress (APC), also objected to the admission of the documents.
“We object and reason for our objection will be till the end of time in this case,” he said.