- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
‘If you shed crocodile tears at my burial, my spirit flog you’ – Veteran actor, Charles Olumo tell colleagues
Veteran actor, Abdulsalam Ishola Sanyaolu popularly known as Charles Olumo ‘Agbako’ in the Yoruba movie industry has been down with a strange ailment that rendered him incapacitated and made him disappear from the scene for some time.
The 94-year-old thespian who is now back on his feet granted an interview recently where he said, ‘I have told them, and I’m also using this opportunity to inform them, that nobody should come and shed crocodile tears at my burial. If they do, my spirit will flog them, because when I needed their help, they were nowhere to be found’.
He went on to say, ‘I have been sick but thank God I’m back on my feet. My ailment was heart-related and after series of test, I was told that my heart was weak, coupled with the fact that I often forgot things, so I was placed on drugs that must be used to avoid any crisis’.
When asked if he underwent any surgery, he said, ‘No, the doctors said there was no way they could perform surgery on me. They said the drugs were very essential and must not be skipped. Though I was operated upon when I had urinary ailment recently, I’m free from that now’.