- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Belmadi Hails Algeria Players For ‘Extraordinary, Historic’ 2nd AFCON Title Feat
Algeria coach, Djamel Belmadi, has hailed his team’s “incredible” Africa Cup of Nations triumph, after they defeated Senegal 1-0 in Friday’s final.
Baghdad Bounedjah’s second minute goal, ensured they lifted the trophy for the first time since 1990.
“I’m very happy. Our whole nation, our people were waiting for this second star for a long time.
“It’s our first Cup of Nations won away from home. It’s incredible especially when you look at where we came from,” Belmadi told reporters after the game.
Belmadi was appointed last August, after eight years coaching in Qatar and has reinvigorated a talented but divided squad.
“I took over a team that was really struggling. To do what we’ve been able to do, and to put ourselves on the top of Africa in 10 months, is extraordinary.
“I’m a bit tired and it’s difficult to show these emotions but it will hit us later, once we’ve had a chance to rest a bit,” he added.