- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
Police arraign three cult suspects in Ogun
The police in Ogun State on Monday brought three suspected cult members before an Ota Magistrates ’ Court.
The accused are John Paul , 19 ; Babatunde James , 28 ; and Tosin Yusuf, 22 .
They are facing trial on two counts of membership of unlawful society and conspiracy , to which they pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor , Sgt . Abdulkareem Mustapha , said that the accused and others still at large , committed the offences on July 4 , at 2 pm at Kolas area , Cashier Bus -Stop, Itele, Ota.
He said the accused and others belong to a secret society identified as “ Aiye Confraternity ”.
He also said that the defendants had been creating fear in the minds of the community by carrying cutlass in the public.
Mustapha said the offences contravened Sections 5 and 80 of the Criminal Code , Laws of Ogun, 2006.
The Chief Magistrate , Matthew Akinyemi , in his ruling, granted each of the defendants bail in the sum of N 200 , 000 with two sureties each in like sum.
Akinyemi said the sureties must reside within the court ’s jurisdiction and be gainfully employed.
In addition , he said the sureties should show evidence of tax payment to Ogun Government as part of the bail conditions.
The case was adjourned until Aug . 7 , for further hearing .