- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
- BREAKING: Customs orders complete border import, export ban
- BREAKING: Aisha Buhari leaves UK for Nigeria
Pastor found guilty of sexual assault, detained in prison
Paul Mukendi, the renowned Congolese Pastor of Parole de Vie evangelical church in Quebec, Canada, has been found guilty of a 9-count charge of sexual assault.
A 31-year-old woman, who came into his care after his mother “gave her as an offering” to him when she was still an under-aged teenager, had accused him of sexually assaulting her for 14 years (2002 to 2016).
While Pastor Paul Mukendi claimed that the victim is “motivated by financial gain” and fabricated the entire story, she stood her ground as the trial began on June 4.
The Congolese Pastor was, however, found guilty by the Jury, as other women came forward with their own claims about being sexually abused, MSN reports.
Judge Jean-François Émond in ruling denied his lawyer’s request for him to be released pending his sentencing in September.
He further instructed for an immediate detention of the pastor.