- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Pastor found guilty of sexual assault, detained in prison
Paul Mukendi, the renowned Congolese Pastor of Parole de Vie evangelical church in Quebec, Canada, has been found guilty of a 9-count charge of sexual assault.
A 31-year-old woman, who came into his care after his mother “gave her as an offering” to him when she was still an under-aged teenager, had accused him of sexually assaulting her for 14 years (2002 to 2016).
While Pastor Paul Mukendi claimed that the victim is “motivated by financial gain” and fabricated the entire story, she stood her ground as the trial began on June 4.
The Congolese Pastor was, however, found guilty by the Jury, as other women came forward with their own claims about being sexually abused, MSN reports.
Judge Jean-François Émond in ruling denied his lawyer’s request for him to be released pending his sentencing in September.
He further instructed for an immediate detention of the pastor.