- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Properties worth millions of naira were destroyed Monday night as fire razed a market on Kosoko Road, Berger bus stop, Ojodu area of Lagos.
Withinnigeria gathered that Several buildings in the market were destroyed as the fire guts on in the night.
According to Femi Oke-Osanyitolu, the executive director, Lagos State Emergency Management Authority (LASTMA), on arrival of LRT at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that the buildings that housed several shops selling clothing materials and other goods were on fire.
The LASEMA boss said the actual cause of the fire was not known but promised that the actual loss would be determined upon conducting post-disaster enumeration after the fire must have been put out.
“The operation is still ongoing, our responders at the scene include LASG Fire Service, NSCDC, NPF and LASEMA,” he said.