- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Few days after Nigeria senate sets deadline for ministerial lists, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally sent his list of minsiterial nominees to the senate.
Newsmen reliably gathered that the ministerial nominees list was sent to the senate on Monday evening through executive communication and it is expected to be read on the floor of the senate on Tuesday.
We learnt that President Buhari only appointed 36 ministers – one per state and he has also decided to appoint one per geo-political zone, making a total of 42 which is unusual.
It was also gathered that the senate would proceed on a two-month recess on Thursday and the senate is expected to screen the nominees.
Only 12 former ministers who served in the first administration will be re-appointed.