- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Few days after Nigeria senate sets deadline for ministerial lists, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally sent his list of minsiterial nominees to the senate.
Newsmen reliably gathered that the ministerial nominees list was sent to the senate on Monday evening through executive communication and it is expected to be read on the floor of the senate on Tuesday.
We learnt that President Buhari only appointed 36 ministers – one per state and he has also decided to appoint one per geo-political zone, making a total of 42 which is unusual.
It was also gathered that the senate would proceed on a two-month recess on Thursday and the senate is expected to screen the nominees.
Only 12 former ministers who served in the first administration will be re-appointed.