- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
Rohr speaks on dumping Nigeria for Morocco
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has insisted he is still under contract with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), dismissing speculations linking him with Morocco and Gabon.
The Atlas Lions are looking for a new handler, following the exit of Herve Renard, who failed to guide them past the second round of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
But Rohr denies he had made contact with the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (RMFF).
“Though I’ve heard the rumours that Morocco wanted me, the truth is that nobody has contacted me about any job; I also heard that people in Gabon are also thinking about me,” Rohr said in an interview with Sportinglife.ng.
“But I cannot even negotiate with another country because I still have a binding contract with Nigeria.
“Of course, it is an honour to be mentioned than for no country to want you at all but I’m still under contract. I still have a one year contract with Nigeria.
“I think everybody saw the good job being done here in Nigeria whereby we came from being number 11 to become number three in Africa.”