- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
Rohr speaks on dumping Nigeria for Morocco
Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has insisted he is still under contract with the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), dismissing speculations linking him with Morocco and Gabon.
The Atlas Lions are looking for a new handler, following the exit of Herve Renard, who failed to guide them past the second round of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
But Rohr denies he had made contact with the Royal Moroccan Football Federation (RMFF).
“Though I’ve heard the rumours that Morocco wanted me, the truth is that nobody has contacted me about any job; I also heard that people in Gabon are also thinking about me,” Rohr said in an interview with Sportinglife.ng.
“But I cannot even negotiate with another country because I still have a binding contract with Nigeria.
“Of course, it is an honour to be mentioned than for no country to want you at all but I’m still under contract. I still have a one year contract with Nigeria.
“I think everybody saw the good job being done here in Nigeria whereby we came from being number 11 to become number three in Africa.”